Partnerships & Collaboration
Acts in an advisory capacity for the purposes of developing and implementing local coordinated approaches for programs and cooperative activities as outlined in CFR Part 960.107 and set forth in the FEB National Strategic Plan.
FY 2022 HIGHLIGHTS
- Was selected by new HHS Regional Director, Sima Ladjevardian to participate as a HHS Health Equity and Communities of Practice/Vaccine Awareness/Variant Awareness/COVID-19 Work Group member to increase awareness of pandemic related information to the Federal Community.
- Met with Becky Lizama, Congressional Affairs Specialist, Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs, U.S. Department of Commerce, to host a virtual meeting with Federal partners to introduce WHIAANHPI to the Federal Community and Federal Stakeholders in the DFW Area.
- Attend Quarterly DHS Principals Meeting to brief the 22 DHS Components on DFW FEB initiatives.
- Meeting with Dallas County Economic Development Board to listen in on future plans to renovate the Dallas Convention Center. This renovation will affect parking, transit, traffic, and employee access into two major Federal Buildings in the Dallas area. The DFW FEB Office parking structure is adjoined with the Dallas Convention Center and the building are adjacent. Listened to plans on how the renovation will affect Federal Employees.
- Co-Hosted along with HHS a Red Cross Blood Drive for Sickle Cell Anemia. Gave blood along with HHS Commander of Public Health Region 6 Mehran Massoudi to encourage Federal employees to give blood to address the need for both Sickle Cell Anemia and the current National Blood Shortage.
- Hosted a roundtable discussion with HHS, the Mayor of the City of Ft. Worth, Texas, Mayor Mattie Parker, and members of our Strategic Partnership Committee to discuss partnership with Government agencies to combat homeless in Ft. Worth, Texas. The round table was held in conjunction with the Interagency Council on Homelessness, The House America Initiative, and Region 6 Federal Regional Interagency Council on Homelessness (FRICH).
- In honor of Protective Service Officer Week, the DFW FEB honored the PSOs at the A. Maceo Smith Federal Building in Dallas, Texas with a Pizza lunch in honor of the work these officers do to protect the federal facilities where we work and for their unrelenting service. We are thankful these officers are at most facility entrances, screening visitors to ensure the integrity of our workplace, and patrolling facility perimeters to prevent unauthorized access to federal property. Their commitment to our protection is commendable.
- The DFW FEB honored a public-school 5th Grade Teacher, Mrs. Frankie Weathers, at Edna Rowe Elementary School in Dallas, Texas. Edna Rowe is in an underserved community. Mrs. Weathers came out of retirement when she heard school children were behind in their studies, and a there was a shortage of teachers due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Mrs. Weathers not only returned to the classroom after 30-year of teaching, but she also worked until her class received top honors and was the only class in the entire school to see a 100% growth achievement in Reading and Social Studies in one year!